ALS ADVOCACY

ALS ADVOCACY
Lou Gehrig's Disease - Motor Neuron Disease - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Thought it had been cured by now? Still no known cause. Still no cure. Still quickly fatal. Still outrageous.

Friday, September 16, 2011

When Dealing With ALS, It Pays To Read Things Twice

When I read Tuesdays With Morrie, I found warm messages on values and life. When I read it a second time, I found wisdom that I didn't see the first time. I saw a wise man's path through the ALS journey.

Yesterday there was a beautiful, short biographical piece on Lou Gehrig written by Reinhardt Krause in Investor's Business Daily --


The first reading reminded me of much that I knew about the remarkable Lou Gehrig. The second reading turned on some lights in my mind on how much Lou Gehrig's life teaches us personally on winning and achieving greatness. The fight against ALS has not yet been won, and "greatness" is not a concept would be associated with our teams fighting ALS today.

Please read the article. If you are involved in the fight against ALS, please read the article twice. The self-help is right under our noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment