ALS ADVOCACY

ALS ADVOCACY
Lou Gehrig's Disease - Motor Neuron Disease - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Thought it had been cured by now? Still no known cause. Still no cure. Still quickly fatal. Still outrageous.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Spirit's Prayer

Spirit’s Prayer

Lord let me be simple, let me be true
A child of God, yes, that’ll do.


Lord let me be - some unblinding light
Colored image, piercing night.


Lord let me be - your hands, your feet
Clapping rhythm, dancing beat.


Lord let me see - your frame, your gold
Smiles singing, stories told.


Lord let me say – Love rules the world!
Amen, I say – “What a wonderful world”.

- Barry Crist -


Today I went to Jerry's funeral (see post below).

Some of his many friends told stories of Jerry that made us smile and laugh and appreciate the gift we had in Jerry.  Sometimes I go to a funeral and really don't recognize the person being eulogized.  That was not the case today.  It was the Jerry we all knew and loved.

Then at the end, his good friend, business associate, and lunch buddy read us his poem, "Sprirt's Prayer." 

A good way to end today.  A good way to start tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment